Sign up for your market updates!
North Vancouver Island Real Estate Market Update for April 2021
The Average 12 Month to Date Sale Price increased by 19.13% from the previous 12 month period. The 12 Month to Date Average Sale Price was $300,052. There are 1.53 Months of Inventory of Single Family in North Vancouver Island. It is currently a Avg. Sellers Market. This month's Inventory increased to 26 Active Listings. There were 19 units listed and 17 units sold.
Single Family Detached homes is really causing upward price pressure. There is only 1.53 months of inventory in homes. The housing market remains strong. For apartments and townhouses inventory is 2 & 3 months respectively. We have seen significant gains in the latter half of the year.
- Single Family homes sales show rising average prices, the market is active and strong.
- For the North Island, the benchmark price rose to $305,000, a 19 per cent increase over last year.
“It’s painfully clear that attempts to dampen demand have not moderated home prices, so the best route to making housing more affordable, particularly for first-time buyers, is to increase supply, It’s not a quick solution, but it’s the only one that makes sense long-term. And, to do that, we need all levels of government working together.” says Mackay.
- Seller’s Market – In a seller’s market, conditions are favourable for sellers to get higher prices for their homes. The number of buyers who want homes exceeds the number of homes available. In this type of market, the homes sell quickly, prices will increase, and a large number of buyers are available for a minimal inventory of homes. These characteristics have implications for the buyer who has to make decisions quickly, must pay more, and frequently has their conditional offers rejected.
- Balanced Market – In a balanced market, the number of homes on the market is equal to the demand or number of buyers. Houses sell within a reasonable period, the demand equals supply, sellers accept reasonable offers, and prices are generally stable. The implications for the buyer in this type of market are that the atmosphere is more relaxed. There is a reasonable number of homes from which to choose.
- Buyer’s Market – A buyer’s market allows buyers to come in at lower prices. The supply of homes on the market exceeds the demand or the number of buyers. Homes will be on the market longer, fewer buyers will be available compared to the higher inventory of homes, and house prices are reduced. The implications for the buyers in this type of market are more favourable, negotiating leverage, more time to search for a home, and better prices.
PropertyGuys.com delivers premium real estate marketing services to help Vancouver Islanders sell their homes and keep more money in their pockets. PropertyGuys.com price their services at a level that makes sense, and do not price as a percentage of your home's sale price. PG Direct Realty Ltd. is PropertyGuys.com's brokerage partner and they help home sellers every step of the way from listing, showings, offers and SOLD! PG Direct Realty Ltd will also help you purchase a home, just call PropertyGuys.com at 778 557 8596 and see how PropertyGuys.com and our partner PG Direct Realty Ltd. can help you buy & sell real estate on Vancouver Island delivering a premium service while still saving you a lot of money!