Sign up for your market updates!
Parksville-Qualicum Real Estate Market Update for March 2021
The monthly Parksville-Qualicum Real Estate Market Update for March 2021 shows compared to a year ago, a large increase in sales for the entire local area. Overall residential sales from last March in Parksville-Qualicum were up 28% and up while the average days to sell changed to 28% from last February. The sales over the last 12 months are down by 18%, the market is still strong.
Swift sales in the latter half of the year is causing upward price pressure. We have seen significant gains but as we enter winter the numbers have tempered but not as much as is typical for a December.
The Single Family statistics for this month point to rising average prices in Parksville-Qualicum. The market is still quite active.
- Single Family homes sales show rising average prices, the market is active and strong.
- In Parksville-Qualicum area saw its benchmark price increase by 13 per cent to $695,600. Benchmark pricing tracks the value of "middle-of-the-range" or "typical" homes and excludes the extreme high-end and low-end properties in Campbell River. It is normally a more stable price indicator than average prices.
“The length of time it takes to get a development off the ground is a serious problem on Vancouver Island, which is becoming an increasingly popular destination for buyers of all ages,” says Mackay. “While our area has always attracted retirees, we’re seeing younger buyers more frequently than in the past.”
- Seller’s Market – In a seller’s market, conditions are favourable for sellers to get higher prices for their homes. The number of buyers who want homes exceeds the number of homes available. In this type of market, the homes sell quickly, prices will increase, and a large number of buyers are available for a minimal inventory of homes. These characteristics have implications for the buyer who has to make decisions quickly, must pay more, and frequently has their conditional offers rejected.
- Balanced Market – In a balanced market, the number of homes on the market is equal to the demand or number of buyers. Houses sell within a reasonable period, the demand equals supply, sellers accept reasonable offers, and prices are generally stable. The implications for the buyer in this type of market are that the atmosphere is more relaxed. There is a reasonable number of homes from which to choose.
- Buyer’s Market – A buyer’s market allows buyers to come in at lower prices. The supply of homes on the market exceeds the demand or the number of buyers. Homes will be on the market longer, fewer buyers will be available compared to the higher inventory of homes, and house prices are reduced. The implications for the buyers in this type of market are more favourable, negotiating leverage, more time to search for a home, and better prices.
Sign up for your market updates!
PropertyGuys.com delivers premium real estate marketing services to help Vancouver Islanders sell their homes and keep more money in their pockets. PropertyGuys.com price their services at a level that makes sense, and do not price as a percentage of your home's sale price. PG Direct Realty Ltd. is PropertyGuys.com's brokerage partner and they help home sellers every step of the way from listing, showings, offers and SOLD! PG Direct Realty Ltd will also help you purchase a home, just call PropertyGuys.com at 778 557 8596 and see how PropertyGuys.com and our partner PG Direct Realty Ltd. can help you buy & sell real estate on Vancouver Island delivering a premium service while still saving you a lot of money!